Our new (old) XB Falcon, in original condition, rust free. Love it. Just getting the time to make it roadworthy for its club registration then we can drive it around. My wife has gone back to her teenage years when this was her first car. (only got t
Major rewiring of sea-doo. There was one major problem when I opened the sea-doo for a look under the seat, there was a strong odour of burnt wiring, plastic etc. When I asked the owner what happened?, they said the battery wires were crossed by mistake.
The customer wanted a heavy duty light installed in the cabin and on top to assist navigate his 12 month old boat, this in its self is a big job considering all the cables have to be invisible to the eye. It took me quite a while to place all the wires in, solder and join them. Make a stainless steel bracket with specialised coupling brackets, solder and polish, install the interior/exterior light in the cabin which puts out enough light but doesn't blind you in the process. Working in such a clean environment was a little different to the every day bob cats, tractors and dirty alternators that I usually do. It was a pleasure to deal with this beautiful craft.
Greg, a local boat owner, contacted us with an electrolysis problem on his boat, which had eaten a set of props in a singles season. Investigation showed that various parts of the bonding system were showing the effects of age and needed some repair. In addition we remounted the transom anode, installed anodes on the H brackets and replaced the trim tab anodes, making sure all contacts were electrically sound. While we were discussing the issue Greg also asked me to look at the boats wiring and install a new switch panel he'd fabricated. The work isn't finished yet but it isn't far off. Apart from installing the new switch panel work has included identifying in use circuits, removing unused cabling and tidying cabling into identifiable groups; the whole purpose being to reduce the possibility of short circuits, faults, and mistakes. The photo's tell their own story............
Car presented not running due to the main engine fuse blowing as soon as the ignition was turned on. Initial investigation showed that the main loom split below the relay box in the engine bay and ran back towards the drivers foot well through the right wheel arch and across the front of the car. It was also noted that due to missing/damaged inner wheel arches the loom was buried in dirt and sand. Initially work was undertaken to clean and inspect the wiring and find possible points where the cable might be chaffing. Chafe point were found where cables were routed under the air filter box. The circuits were teased out and dried, after which the fuse remained intact and the engine started and ran. After repacking the loom and rebuilding the relay box, the car was further tested, proved satisfactory and was returned to its owner. Job Done or so I thought.......